The nutrients our eyes need are often hard to come by, but it’s worth making sure we get enough of them to keep our eyes healthy over time. For instance: the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin are the main components of your macular pigment, and help protect the eyes from the effects of excess blue and ultraviolet light. Lutein & Zeaxanthin: vital for healthy vision : That's why this formula contains lutein and trans-zeaxanthin and meso-zeaxanthin, as well as alpha-carotene, another eye health carotenoid that has been associated with protection of the macula and retina. Lutein and the two types of zeaxanthin are very well-known to help preserve the health of the macula and act as defenders against excessive oxidative stress. They help keep eyes functioning well, even over time.3 Astaxanthin: fight eye fatigue : Japanese scientists have clinically studied astaxanthin. They’ve demonstrated that 6 mg of astaxanthin supplementation daily helped promote visual sharpness and eye health. Phospholipids for carotenoids: optimal absorption : Getting these eye-healthy nutrients where you need them most is a huge part of supporting your vision health. This formula contains phospholipids, which are an integral part of every cell membrane in the body. This helps promote absorption of lutein and zeaxanthin. Good absorption is crucial for these nutrients to make it into the retina of the eye. Nutrition for night vision: C3G berry flavonoids : MacuGuard® Ocular Support with Saffron & Astaxanthin also contains an anthocyanin flavonoid extracted from European black currant berry. Cyanidin-3-glucoside encourages the regeneration of rhodopsin, a retinal compound that converts visible light to the electrical signals that reach the visual centers of the brain, especially in low-light conditions. Rhodopsin needs to be continually regenerated, but science believes that as we age this happens less and less.10 Cyanidin-3-glucoside may help older eyes see better at night. Vision-enhancing benefits of saffron : This formula also includes saffron extract. Multiple clinical studies have shown that supplementation with 20 mg of saffron helps support vision and retinal function, as measured both by advanced technical testing and on the Snellen eye chart that is commonly used by doctors to test vision.
- COMPREHENSIVE NUTRITION FOR YOUR EYES - MacuGuard Ocular Support with Saffron & Astaxanthin delivers comprehensive nutritional support for your eyes, all in a single softgel. We're talking about the hard to get nutrients like lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin A, C3G and saffron—all of which help support the eye's delicate photoreceptor cells, the macula, the retina and night vision
- Product Note: Exposure to heat or sunlight may lead to melting/damage of product. Hence customers are expected to be available during the product delivery
- MAINTAINING VISION VITALITY - Carotenoids, like lutein and zeaxanthin, which make up the macular pigment in your retina, are essential for your eyes. But these levels gradually decline over time. That's why Macuguard contains lutein and two forms of zeaxanthin, as well as alpha-carotene, another vision-promoting carotenoid. Together, they help keep eyes functioning well, even over time
- THE IMPORTANCE OF ASTAXANTHIN AND SAFFRON - Japanese scientists have clinically studied the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin to see the part it plays in our eye health. And what they found was pretty impressive. Daily supplementation with this antioxidant helped promote visual sharpness and eye health. On the other hand, studies on supplementing with saffron extracts show this yellow spice helps promote visual acuity and eye health
- INGREDIENTS MATTER - Sourced using only the finest raw ingredients with the purity and potency your body deserves; This product is certified non-GMO and gluten-free; Manufactured in the USA and a Certificate of Analysis is available
- LIVE YOUR HEALTHIEST LIFE - We believe the answers to a healthier, richer life are within reach and that rigorous scientific research is the path to get us there; Formulations are created using the exact ingredients and dosages