We know that cruciferous vegetables are good for us. But most of us cook those vegetables first, which breaks down important nutrients such as myrosinase and glucosinolate. Rather than try to get everyone to eat their cruciferous vegetables raw, we’ve created our new Optimized Broccoli formula to give you the cell-protective and health-promoting benefits, without the leafy greens. The (healthy) biology of broccoli : No one thinks broccoli is cool. But broccoli’s biochemistry is actually pretty interesting. Broccoli contains several health-promoting compounds. Glucoraphanin, myrosinase and sulforaphane are key compounds involved in broccoli’s cellular health benefits. Myrosinase actually helps turn glucoraphanin into cell-health-promoting sulforaphane. What’s interesting is that broccoli’s physical makeup separates glucoraphanin and myrosinase compounds from each other by keeping myrosinase in a separate compartment. That’s why chopped raw broccoli has greater benefits than whole sprouts (and why chewing is important as well!). Innovative partitioned and enteric-coated tablet : So why not just pack a softgel full of sulforaphane? Because the compound is unstable. To enjoy the cellular health benefits of broccoli, you have to get the active compounds in broccoli to metabolize into as much sulforaphane as possible and do so inside your digestive system. Watercress, rosemary and more : In addition to broccoli, plants like watercress and rosemary provide phytonutrients such as glucosinolates, isothiocyanates, carnosic acid and carnosol—active compounds that promote healthy estrogen metabolism and cell division. Cabbage extract provides benzyl isothiocyanate (BITC) that also helps maintain cell health. DIM (diindolylmethane) : Lastly, this formula contains DIM (diindolylmethane), a compound shown to favorably modulate estrogen metabolism and support liver health. When we eat cruciferous vegetables, our body naturally produces very small amounts of DIM in the gut. DIM also supports healthy cell division and helps protect cells when they are exposed to xenoestrogens (estrogen-like environmental compounds).
- BREAST HEALTH & CELLULAR PROTECTION – Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli have many health benefits—especially for breast health. The reason comes from the compound sulforaphane, which protects cellular health and encourages healthy cell function.
- HEALTHY HORMONE METABOLISM - Watercress and cabbage extracts promote healthy estrogen metabolism and healthy cell division. We’ve also included DIM (diindolylmethane) to favorably modulate estrogen metabolism and inhibit estrogen metabolites and xenoestrogens.
- OPTIMAL BROCCOLI BENEFITS – You might not think so, but the biochemistry of broccoli is pretty cool. Remember sulforaphane? It turns out two broccoli compounds combine in your stomach to make it...but for a supplement to work, you have to keep those two compounds separate until after you’ve taken it, which is exactly what we’ve done in our Optimized Broccoli formula.
- INGREDIENTS MATTER - Sourced using only the finest raw ingredients with the purity and potency your body deserves. This product is certified non-GMO and gluten-free. Manufactured in the USA and a Certificate of Analysis is available for every product we produce.
- LIVE YOUR HEALTHIEST LIFE - For over 40 years, we’ve been developing advanced, effective formulas made with the highest standards and based on the latest scientific findings. We believe the answers to a healthier, richer life are within reach and that rigorous scientific research is the path to get us there. Or formulations are created using the exact ingredients and dosages used in the studies that inspired them, ensuring that maximum bioavailability and efficacy is achieved.